Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4/2/2008

V For Vendetta

After watching the film V for Vendetta for the first time my first reaction was that it was not my type of movie; however, once the movie developed more and it got further into it i began to enjoy it. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie for many reasons , but one stuck out the most. I liked how the movie was very action back and somewhat unexpected at times. The writers did a good job throughout at keeping their audience's attention, as well as keeping them on their toes to figuring out who V really is. I feel as though that is what kept me watching because throughout the whole movie I just kept wondering who he was. The movie never really did reveal who he was in a straight forward way, but the way they did reveal it is what made it more interesting. We understood that the man behind the mask was a representation of Guy Fawkes, although V actually represented many people. As the words in the movie actually say, the mask represents "Edmund Dantes, father, mother, brother, me, you, friend. " Not only through these words though do we hear how the mask is for many people we always see it. The movie shows many people wearing the mask as well as Valerie, the girl, and Gordon. So once everything is put together V is actually just an idea and as stated an idea is bulletproof giving the character of V such power. This aspect of the movie was what I enjoyed most about it and found to be what kept me so thrilled with the movie as I got more and more into it. Not revealing who was actually behind the mask built up so much suspense and curiosity. I would definitely consider watching this film again to maybe see different aspects or sides of it to possibly develop more thought from it.

No comments: